TYRECOM is committed to protecting our customers privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information. This Policy sets out the following:
- What personal data we collect and process about you.
- What we do with that data.
- How long we hold the data.
- Who we transfer/disclose that data to.
- How we protect and store the data.
- Your data protection rights.
- Cookies and Site Tracking.
- Who the Data Controller is.
- How to contact the Data Protection Officer.
- How we notify you of changes.
All personal data is collected and processed in accordance with UK and EU data protection laws.
What personal data do we collect?
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you.
We may collect personal data from you when you make a purchase, request a quotation, create an online account, use our website, participate in a survey or competition, or when you contact us. Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Your name and/or company name, delivery address, billing address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit/debit card or other payment details.
- Details of product names & quantities which were ordered, quoted on or enquired about.
- Website specific data stored in cookies such as your ip address or location, your visit duration and which pages were accessed (See the Cookies and Site Tracking section).
What do we use your personal data for?
TYRECOM collects this information to ensure that your use of TYRECOM websites is possible, and to allow the ordering process to run without a hitch. Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing you with the products and services you request: we use the information you give us to perform the services you have asked for in relation to fulfilling your order or arranging your fitting.
- Contacting you in the event of a discrepancy or delay with your order. These communications are not made for marketing purposes and cannot be opted-out of.
- Credit or other payment card verification/screening: we use your payment information for accounting, billing and audit purposes and to detect and / or prevent any fraudulent activities.
- Administrative or legal purposes: we use your data for statistical analysis, or in order to deal with a dispute or claim.
- Customer Services communications: we use your data to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and enhance your experience with us.
- Marketing: from time to time we will contact you with information regarding promotions and ancillary products via e-communications. You will have the choice to opt in or opt out of receiving such communications by indicating your choice at the booking stage. You will also be given the opportunity on every e-communication that we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material.
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons we have collected and need to use your personal data for.
Only children aged 16 or over can provide their own consent. For children under this age, consent of the childrens' parents or legal guardians is required.
How Long do you hold my data?
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
We must also consider periods for which we might need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations (e.g. in relation to claims for defective goods in warranty claims, or to deal with complaints, queries and to protect our legal rights in the event of a claim being made).
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimise over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
Do you share my information with anyone?
We take your privacy seriously and will never sell or rent any personal data that we hold about you. Some of TYRECOM’s products and services do involve sharing information with other parties. For example, when you place an order, your delivery details will be passed to third party courier companies used to make the deliveries, such as DPD.
- Government authorities, law enforcement bodies and regulators for compliance with legal requirements.
- Credit and debit card companies which facilitate your payments to us, and anti-fraud screening, which may need information about your method of payment to process payment or ensure the security of your payment transaction.
- Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you;
- Partner tyre suppliers and/or fitting companies required to deliver the products or services you have requested.
We require all third parties to have appropriate technical and operational security measures in place to protect your personal data, in line with UK and EU law on data protection rules.
How do you protect the information you collect?
We take the security of your data seriously. TYRECOM uses technical safeguards like encryption, authentication, fraud detection and secure software development to protect your information. We have an in house IT team with knowledge of data security and privacy controls continually working to ensure the prevention of theft, fraud or abuse of your information.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
All payment details are transmitted over SSL across dedicated network infrastructure (Multiprotocol Label Switching-MPLS) and stored in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
Your Data Protection Rights
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to "data portability"). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you want to exercise any of these right please email our DPO directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or make a request by post to DPO, TYRECOM Ltd, Unit 4B, Oldknows Factory, St Anns Hill Road, Nottingham, NG3 4GN.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Cookies and site tracking
Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable us to recognise your browser and help us to track visitors to our site; thus enabling us to understand better the products and services that will be most suitable to you. A cookie contains your contact information and information to allow us to identify your computer when you travel around our site for the purpose of helping you accomplish your reservation. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you wish, you can change these browser settings by accepting, rejecting and deleting cookies. The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. If you choose to change these settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended. The cookies we use do not detect any information stored on your computers.
For more information about cookies and how to stop cookies being installed visit the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use tracking software to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the websites. This software does not enable us to capture any personal passenger information.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE Name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Who is the data Controller?
TYRECOM Ltd (referred to as "we", "us", "our" or "TYRECOM" in this policy) is the "data controller" of all personal information that is collected and used about TYRECOM customers for the purposes of the EU & UK Data Protection Acts. TYRECOM is registered in England with registration number 11333852 and registered offices at Unit 4B, Oldknows Factory, St Anns Hill Road, Nottingham, NG3 4GN.
How do I contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO)?
TYRECOM DPO is responsible for guiding our compliance with privacy regulation in the EU. They are the point of contact for European privacy regulators and questions and concerns from our users about data privacy. If you have additional questions pertaining to your personal data after reading this section you may contact our DPO at email@example.com.